2.10.2010

You Are Forgiven

I'm watching 'Rushmore'. Don't ask why... because it's an incredible movie. Two new movies to add to my desert island list are 'Rushmore' and 'Confessions of a Dangerous Mind'. Both of them have (in my opinion) two of the most handsome men in Hollywood in them: Jason Schwartzman and Sam Rockwell. I can't say I have a whole lot to share. I'd like to show you pictures of our new home. It's a house. I live in a house and I completely forgot how amazing it is to live in a house as opposed to an apartment. There is so much room to breathe. Our puppy has her own yard and my housemate and best friend, is teaching me how to cook some very basic meals for dinner. I'm learning so very, very much. There is definitely some adjustments to moving in with two brand new personalities. But I think we're doing a really good job communicating and it's just going to be strange in the first couple of months. Feeling very optimistic about the move.

I'll post some pictures soon. I'm supposed to be starting at Mt.Sac on the 22nd but I'm having a really hard time registering online. All of the classes I need for my major are already closed. Every single one. I'm not actually going to have any seniority over other students unless I attend a couple of semesters- but I'm not going to take any classes I do not need. I'll have to just show up to the classes I'd like to take and hope there is an open spot. I'm so sad about this.

I still have so much to unpack. At least it's not raining today and we have a bathroom we can use. My birthday was very, very low key. I heard from everyone and had a lovely little dinner at one of my favorite places to eat. I received some lovely gifts and drank some really good red wine. I honestly couldn't ask for more. The next post will be all pictures.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

you know, considering that i've heard sooo many positive things about Rushmore, i'm surprised i haven't seen it yet. i should stop by the library this weekend to see if i can borrow it.

aren't houses great? my husband and i rent a detached home. we lived in apartments for years and never grew accustomed to neighborly noises.

good luck with your classes and a belated happy birthday to you! i look forward to seeing photos. :)

Bunny Cherie said...

katrina- from pugly pixel- I am honored to receive a comment!

living in a house is so much lovelier... thank you for the birthday wishes :)